Say “I Do” to a Smoky Mountain Wedding
Jefferson County has several beautiful East Tennessee venues with the backdrop of mountains and lakes for weddings of all sizes from intimate elopements to 500+ guest soirees.
But the venue is only part of the equation, our area also offers everything you need to make your special day uniquely yours, including catering options, equipment rentals, florists, photographers, planners, and more!
Start planning your dream Smoky Mountain wedding in Jefferson County today!
Your Guide to Getting Married in Tennessee
While the day of event always steals the show, before you walk down the aisle be sure that you’ve completed everything you need to adhere to Tennessee’s marriage requirements.
Getting a Marriage License
This part is pretty simple. Couples may apply online for a marriage license up to 30 days before your wedding. After applying for your license, you can pick it up at one of the Marriage License Centers in Jefferson County. Please note both parties must be present to pick up the marriage license.
You may also apply in-person at one of the Marriage License Centers and complete the form with the help of a County Clerk’s office employee.
Other items of note:
- Both participants must be over the age of 18.
- Both participants must present a valid driver’s license or certified birth certificate.
- Both participants must provide their social security number.
- If not a US citizen, you must present a valid passport.
- If either of you is divorced or widowed, you will need to know the exact date of finalized divorce or date of death. If the bride’s name has changed since the divorce but has not had her name updated on her license, she will need a certified copy of her divorce decree.
- There is no blood test or waiting period.
- A license must be used within 30 days of issuance and may be used on the same day of issuance.
- Fees vary.
Jefferson County County Clerk’s Office
214 W. Main Street
Dandridge, TN 37725