This week, Jefferson County Tourism, a department of Jefferson County Government, released a new, refreshed website. This updated site aims to better provide area visitors access to information about the county, including where to eat, play, stay, and shop while visiting Jefferson County, the Lakeside of the Smokies.
“Our previous site was a few years old, and we felt it was time for a more modern and cleaner look,” said Tourism Director Lauren Hurdle. “We’re fortunate in our area has a lot of offer tourists. You can come here and get your Smoky Mountain fix while having the advantages of Cherokee and Douglas Lakes too. Jefferson County is in the mountains but out of the traffic that’s associated with other areas near us, like Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg.”
VisitJeffersonCountyTN.com is a great resource for anyone looking to visit, or even relocate, to Jefferson County.
To make it easy for you to plan your East Tennessee vacation, the site is divided into eat, play, stay, and shop sections. In the eat section, you will find a myriad of restaurants from coffee shops to Pan-Asian eateries. Under the play area, known as “Things to Do,” you’ll find a wide variety of activity options available to you during your stay in Jefferson County, including boat rentals and lake access points. Sometimes the hardest part of a vacation is finding somewhere to stay. We strive to make that easy for you by providing you with an in depth list of area accommodations, as well as quick links to AirBNBs and VRBOs in the area. And, of course, no good vacation is complete without that perfect souvenir to remind you of your travels. Our antique shops, bookstores, and general stores are prime spots to find something unique to take back with you when you leave.
Adding to the list of resources available on our new site, we have:
- A proposed weekend itinerary which helps map out what a weekend in the Lakeside could look like for you and your family.
- Our events page which provides you with all the events happening in our area throughout the year.
- Our Lakeside News area where you can learn more about our county, various businesses, tourist attractions, and more.
- An area specifically for individuals and couples looking to retire to Jefferson County that lays out the benefits of retiring here, as well as provides information on access to healthcare, quality of living, and realtors in the area.
- Opportunities for you to learn more about our area through contacting us, subscribing for our e-newsletter, or downloading our Visitor’s Guide.
But this is just the beginning! We have big goals with our new space, which include a space dedicated to weddings in our area, more trip itineraries, and a community portal where businesses and community partners can share information about events, new businesses, and more with us.
We’re proud of our area and are excited to be able to share it with you through our new website! We hope you find it a great resource for planning your East Tennessee vacation. If you have questions or would like to request more information about our area, please contact us.